Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Desire is not an occupation written August 2011

If there is something we all share in common it's the WANT of things that we don't actually need. In America especially, we will stop at no lengths to get at what drives us the most. Whether it's the newest technology or items that we could easily make ourselves but for convience sake we don't feel like it.

The title of the blog says a lot when you really sit back and think about what you want and what you need. I have had this debate with several choice individuals. Previously, I wrote about Martial Law and the things that the masses MUST do in order to even just survive the outcome of what could be the biggest collapse in the American economy since the Depression. Part of the suggestions was to become self reliant. It is not enough to think "if this happens surely I will have all the options to survive". You cannot assume that because you've imagined what it MIGHT be like, you automatically know what you would do. The best way is to be educated about what you will NOT have and be able to work around that.

The debate of "why do you still go to work then if you are so against the Government"? Even I have wants that I acknowledge. For it is not what I NEED that keeps me in a job, it's simply what I want. Even so, I have started becoming efficient in designing and have been educating myself in how to live with just little. The best thing I could possibly do is look around at what I normally get from your every day super market and mock their actions.

The idea that "desire is not an occupation" falls under the thought process that if you think it, you can do it. While this is not necessarily fallacy, at some point you have to actually live what you think if it is going to make any difference. We all have our faults and we all live a busy schedule. Especially if you are running around providing for the man that's above you business wise. However, it's important to realize that if we want to move forward; you have to actually MOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment